Leave the lid of the coffin a little open ...

Today is the funeral of the mother of a brother in law on the program. Together my wife and I, we go to the church. When I think about going to a funeral again, then I remember that one of the few funerals where we're going since the death of our son in law in 1994. These occasions remind too much of hard times and we try to avoid. There are enough things in life that remind you of unpleasant things from the past, so if you can avoid it do that! At least, I do it!
When we sit in church and the coffin with the dead is to drive all the way in front of the church, then I am thinking about how my "funeral" would have been if there was not resuscitated. When I was in hospital waiting for my surgery, I have once dreamed about my funeral. I dreamed then that my wife could not find the money to pay for the coffee table. I wanted her to shout out where the money was but then realized I’m dreaming and that they could not hear me. Even in the church I had that thought again. This time it went even further: how can I prevent that? Eventually I came to the conclusion, and told my wife about that afterwards. Wouldn’t it be better to leave open the coffin until it was lowered into the grave? If I would have any question, anyone could hear me at least. Moreover, as nice extra, I can see who's at my funeral or rather those who were not there. From my point of view I would have a friendly nod in mind to all as a sign of farewell. The only disadvantage I can think of would be that everyone with holy water brush would come visit me and would sprinkle on me. Maybe I also agree that they would lay a towel in the coffin, just to dry my face. At the end I would also like to shake everyone's hand in thanks that they were there. Because of wintertime when leaving the church, the lid on the coffin could get closed as it will surely be cold outside.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten